COupe du monde en Chine de l'IOF

COupe du monde en Chine de l'IOF

Messagepar valentin5007 » 23 Octobre 2019, 18:59

Ca commence demain...

Je suis tombé sur ça :

Thoughts on the World Cup in China
2019-10-21 Gustav Bergman 0 Comment
Meny

The World Cup final this year will take place in Guangzhou in China next week, which was decided two years ago. I believed then, and I still believe now, that it is a bad idea from the International Orienteering Federation to place a high profile event in a country with such obvious problems with democracy & violations of the human rights. China systematicly discriminate minorities & supresses freedom of speech, which, in my opinion, makes it an unsuitable venue for a World Cup.

A common argument is that sports and politics are two separate things that shouldn’t be mixed (and therefore you shouldn’t take theese things into account when deciding venues for high profile international events) – an argument that I strongly disagree with. We are all part of this world, even if we are athletes. One could even argue that because we are are athletes we have a bigger responsibility than the average person to stand up and make our voices heard when we see something unjust (or in this case – inhumane), because we have a platform to stand on when doing so.

I believe that all organizations, be it sport federations or companies, have the responsibility to make well educated, sustainable, and ethical decisions in all areas, and that includes deciding where big events takes place.

Another argument I have heard a lot is to think about the local organizers and runners who has been working towards this, and how important it is for them (and how good it is to create relationships across borders and continents) – and I totally agree. This is a very good thing in that regard, but I don’t believe it outweighs the negatives.

But what can you as an athlete do in a situation like this, when the ”big federation” decides something above your head? Well, you can say ”I won’t stand for this”, and stay at home. That is a decision that I fully respect and admire. Or you can travel to China happily without problematising the issue at all, and enjoy what is probobly going to be good competitions, and accepting that you play in the hands of a regime that structurally and continuously violates human rights. That is a decision that I not so much fully admire (but totally understands). I have thought about this a lot, and have landed somewhere in between. It has not been an easy decision, because I think this is a serious issue. I will travel to China and compete for the overall World Cup, but I will not do so without discussing and highlighting the issue at hand – that as long as China violates human rights in this capacity it is an unsuitable venue for all big events.

I am sure that people will complain about me being hypocritical. How can you complain and still travel to China? Well, that is a difficult question. Is it better to stay at home and complain, or is it better to go there and try to highlight the issue from a bigger platform? I don’t know. There is also a lot at stake for me personally, with a good chance to compete for the overall World Cup title, which is an opportunity I may never have again. So is it a selfish decision from me to go and run the races, even though I think that it is wrong to have appointed them to China in the first place? Yes, probably. But is it better to travel to China without complaining, then? I don’t think so. I do believe that we all have a responsibility to make considerate choices, and I hope that we will get better and better at it. I know that this question has been discussed in both the Swedish Orienteering Federation and the International Orienteering Federation. Maybe this will be the start of orienteering becoming a more considerate and aware sport? I really hope so.

Below are some links that will help you continue to learn about…

http://gustavbergman.se/?p=1851

Ca n'a pas eu la même réaction qu'ici :
https://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/basket/nba-l ... 92812.html :shhh: :whistle:
Orienteur...la moitié de l'année...et les bonnes années !
valentin5007
Donateur

Re: COupe du monde en Chine de l'IOF

Messagepar Guilhem » 23 Octobre 2019, 19:35

valentin5007 a écrit:Ca commence demain...

Je suis tombé sur ça :

Thoughts on the World Cup in China
2019-10-21 Gustav Bergman 0 Comment
Meny

The World Cup final this year will take place in Guangzhou in China next week, which was decided two years ago. I believed then, and I still believe now, that it is a bad idea from the International Orienteering Federation to place a high profile event in a country with such obvious problems with democracy & violations of the human rights. China systematicly discriminate minorities & supresses freedom of speech, which, in my opinion, makes it an unsuitable venue for a World Cup.

A common argument is that sports and politics are two separate things that shouldn’t be mixed (and therefore you shouldn’t take theese things into account when deciding venues for high profile international events) – an argument that I strongly disagree with. We are all part of this world, even if we are athletes. One could even argue that because we are are athletes we have a bigger responsibility than the average person to stand up and make our voices heard when we see something unjust (or in this case – inhumane), because we have a platform to stand on when doing so.

I believe that all organizations, be it sport federations or companies, have the responsibility to make well educated, sustainable, and ethical decisions in all areas, and that includes deciding where big events takes place.

Another argument I have heard a lot is to think about the local organizers and runners who has been working towards this, and how important it is for them (and how good it is to create relationships across borders and continents) – and I totally agree. This is a very good thing in that regard, but I don’t believe it outweighs the negatives.

But what can you as an athlete do in a situation like this, when the ”big federation” decides something above your head? Well, you can say ”I won’t stand for this”, and stay at home. That is a decision that I fully respect and admire. Or you can travel to China happily without problematising the issue at all, and enjoy what is probobly going to be good competitions, and accepting that you play in the hands of a regime that structurally and continuously violates human rights. That is a decision that I not so much fully admire (but totally understands). I have thought about this a lot, and have landed somewhere in between. It has not been an easy decision, because I think this is a serious issue. I will travel to China and compete for the overall World Cup, but I will not do so without discussing and highlighting the issue at hand – that as long as China violates human rights in this capacity it is an unsuitable venue for all big events.

I am sure that people will complain about me being hypocritical. How can you complain and still travel to China? Well, that is a difficult question. Is it better to stay at home and complain, or is it better to go there and try to highlight the issue from a bigger platform? I don’t know. There is also a lot at stake for me personally, with a good chance to compete for the overall World Cup title, which is an opportunity I may never have again. So is it a selfish decision from me to go and run the races, even though I think that it is wrong to have appointed them to China in the first place? Yes, probably. But is it better to travel to China without complaining, then? I don’t think so. I do believe that we all have a responsibility to make considerate choices, and I hope that we will get better and better at it. I know that this question has been discussed in both the Swedish Orienteering Federation and the International Orienteering Federation. Maybe this will be the start of orienteering becoming a more considerate and aware sport? I really hope so.

Below are some links that will help you continue to learn about…

http://gustavbergman.se/?p=1851

Ca n'a pas eu la même réaction qu'ici :
https://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/basket/nba-l ... 92812.html :shhh: :whistle:

Quelle joie un athlète avec autant de courage ! :clap:
Guilhem
Administrateur

Re: Coupe du monde en Chine de l'IOF

Messagepar panch'O » 24 Octobre 2019, 08:10

C'est bien pensé et c'est bien dit!
"joie", l'adjectif est bien trouvé oui.
:clap:
"N'allez pas là où le chemin peut mener. Allez là où il n'y a pas de chemin et laissez une trace." Ralph Waldo Emerson
panch'O

Messagepar valentin5007 » 25 Octobre 2019, 20:00

Je continue le running gag :D
Via orinteering memes sur le facebook.
Mais rions de bon de cœurs de ce qui ne saurait arriver en France :whistle:
Fichiers joints
73272822_2550575021687502_799034964128563200_n.jpg
73272822_2550575021687502_799034964128563200_n.jpg (50.31 Kio) Vu 10598 fois
valentin5007
Donateur

Messagepar valentin5007 » 25 Octobre 2019, 20:02

Bon j'ai quand mème payé les 16euros :oops:
valentin5007
Donateur

Messagepar christophe6911 » 26 Octobre 2019, 11:03

C'est ce qu'on appelle "gagnant/gagnant" ...très fort le Gustave... :clap: :dance: :naughty:
https://www.swiss-orienteering.ch/fr/ne ... china.html

Faites ce que je dis , pas ce que je fais... :lol: :lol: :lol:
christophe6911

Messagepar Mkg » 26 Octobre 2019, 11:56

A voir à la publication des résultats définitifs, il y a plusieurs cas de disqualification qui se joue (traversée de zone interdite)
Mkg

Messagepar valentin5007 » 26 Octobre 2019, 13:34

Mkg a écrit:A voir à la publication des résultats définitifs, il y a plusieurs cas de disqualification qui se joue (traversée de zone interdite)

Ca se joue ici ? CAs d'école ! :D

Si je lis bien le régalement (ISOM17-2), il n'était pas du tout possible d'entrer dans la zone des trois lacs même en restant sur les chemins (qui ne sont pas bordés de blancs ou de jaunes) ?

Donc dans mon exemple, les trois son disqualifiés ou seulement Fosser ?
Fichiers joints
WC4.jpg
WC4.jpg (677.94 Kio) Vu 10506 fois
valentin5007
Donateur

Messagepar valentin5007 » 27 Octobre 2019, 10:13

Bon, ils sont pas si mal nos arbitres en fait...
Dernière édition par valentin5007 le 27 Octobre 2019, 17:05, édité 2 fois.
valentin5007
Donateur

Messagepar valentin5007 » 27 Octobre 2019, 10:40

Eh bien voila, comme a l'athlétisme, on a aussi notre petit qatar de gloire ! :D

1) IOF qui pousse "le développement" à tout crin sans suffisamment s’intéresser aux spécificités du pays (je vais me limiter aux terrains : mélange de parcs, villages, jungles...pour qui l'ISOM au 10000 n'est pas adapté)
2) contrôleurs qui n'a pas anticipé les choix d'iti et interdit l’accès à une zone floue
3) Élite qui voit le magot s'éloigner et fait pressions sur le jury
4 ) Jury qui préfère un mauvais arrangement qu'une remise en cause totale de la course

On est au niveau des JO là ? :D
Fichiers joints
Screenshot_20191027-102443.jpg
Screenshot_20191027-102443.jpg (442.25 Kio) Vu 10403 fois
valentin5007
Donateur

Messagepar Mika » 28 Octobre 2019, 12:59

Elle est bien pourrie cette carte en tous cas... Des petites taches de vert olive un peu partout, très difficile à distinguer à vitesse de course. Les pistes qui traversent ces zones sont parfois bordées de blanc, mais pas partout.
Quand les choix d'itinéraires passent par ces zones interdites, ça devrait vraiment être plus clair sur la carte, une question d'équité entre coureurs.
Au-delà de la carte, c'est l'endroit qui ne fait pas spécialement rêver pour une coupe du monde. Il n'y a pas de belles forêts sans trop de chemins en Chine ?
Mika

Messagepar simeric » 28 Octobre 2019, 14:46

Un cartographe qui dessine ce genre de chose n'a vraiment aucun recul sur ce qu'il fait ni aucune compétence en termes de perception visuelle d'un utilisateur de sa carte. (idem pour le contrôleur qui a laissé passer ça). Déjà sur une course départementale, ça serait assez navrant (si c'est interdit, c'est qu'il y a des raisons et le fait d'avoir des coureurs qui traversent peut être dommageable pour le coureur, pour le site ou bien pour l'organisateur.).. alors voir ça en championnat de monde, c'est vraiment hallucinant.
#restez à la Raison
simeric

Messagepar christophe6911 » 28 Octobre 2019, 15:39

Ce qui est dramatique :
1/ c'est le traceur.(bon un traceur n'est pas expert...)
2/ le controleur. (la, il est expert...du moins en France)

La carto , elle est ce qu'elle est...On peut appelle ca , l'interpretation personnelle et la on ne peut rien dire ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Par contre comment qu'on fait (coureur) pour delimiter ce liseret de zone caca d'oie dans le vert 1, le jaune etc...si on veut le longer et non pas le traverser comme un gland (Hubman), ceux qui ont prit le chemin , n'ont ils pas longe ce vert caca d'oie...?, ont ils ete vu ou c'est le GPS a 30m pres qui les a dénoncé..?
La zone caca d'oie c'est de la zone d'habitation ou de la zone interdite? ... ;)
C'est vrai que labas il y en a qui habitent sur les chemins... :whistle: (voir dans les rues...)

peut etre aussi qu'il etait possible de faire le grand saut sans mettre le pied dans la zone...on est largement en dessous de 6m... :lol: :lol: :lol:
christophe6911

Messagepar simeric » 28 Octobre 2019, 17:17

La zone caca d'oie c'est de la zone d'habitation ou de la zone interdite? ..

zone interdite d'accès (pas forcément que "habitations"). D'ailleurs, la norme n'est pas respectée parce que ces zones doivent être entourées d'un liseré noir fin.
#restez à la Raison
simeric

Messagepar valentin5007 » 28 Octobre 2019, 19:36

simeric a écrit:

zone interdite d'accès (pas forcément que "habitations"). D'ailleurs, la norme n'est pas respectée parce que ces zones doivent être entourées d'un liseré noir fin.

Promenade des fleurs de pécher ! https://j.map.baidu.com/20/cIo :ugeek:

Sinon en anglais cette fois : la réponse du jury : https://eventor.orienteering.org/Docume ... y-decision
http://news.worldofo.com/2019/10/27/wor ... r-leg-4-5/

En gros si on doit disqualifier, tellement la carte est mauvaise et les zones de vert olive nombreuses...il restera plus grand monde à la fin... :whistle:

Prize money overall World Cup leaders:

1st 2500€
2nd 1500€
3rd 1000€
4th 500€
5th 300€
6th 200€
valentin5007
Donateur

Messagepar christophe6911 » 28 Octobre 2019, 21:46

simeric a écrit:

si tu dis vrai , bein le Jean Phi il a du boulot... :lol: :lol: :lol:
tout ca pour dire que le traceur et le contrôleur c'est des blaireaux... :dance:
christophe6911

Messagepar Nico_COC » 29 Octobre 2019, 09:35

Men Sprint

1. Yannick MICHIELS (BEL)
2. Maxime RAUTURIER (FRA)
3. Li ZHUOYE (CHN)
4. Gaute HALLAN STEIWER (NOR)
5. Matthias KYBURZ (SUI)
6. Jonas EGGER (SUI)
Nico_COC

Messagepar christophe6911 » 29 Octobre 2019, 09:50

et Shu HAO chez les D , devant Simona Aebersold
christophe6911

Messagepar Mika » 29 Octobre 2019, 10:15

Mika

Messagepar fofoco » 29 Octobre 2019, 12:04

Mika a écrit:Voilà la fiche des 2 chinois... :cry:
https://ranking.orienteering.org/Person ... w=FS&#list
https://ranking.orienteering.org/Person ... w=FS&#list
Que dire... Affligeant...

Énorme perf de max Rauturier. Quelle était la combine chinoise aujourd'hui?
fofoco

Suivante

Retourner vers News